Leading Indiana Car Accident Lawyer
We hope that you never find yourself in a position to search for an Indiana car accident attorney. But, living in the crossroads of America means that accidents happen. Wade Law represents clients across the Hoosier state after they have been involved in a car accident.
When you have been injured in a car accident, you need an Indiana auto accident attorney willing to fight for you. Call or Text (815) Wade-Law to schedule a free and confidential consultation with a Indiana Car Accident Attorney.
Common Causes Of Indiana Car Accidents
- Distracted Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Failure To Yield
- Reckless/Aggressive Driving
- Driver Fatigue/Drowsiness
How Much is My Car Accident Case Worth?
The value of your Indiana car accident case is in direct correlation with the facts in your case. There are many factors that go into determining the value of your case. Here are some elements that are added to make the determination:
Medical Expenses – The total of your medical bills, even if you did not pay out of pocket. If you will require ongoing medical treatment for your injuries, a leading Indiana Car Accident Attorney will help you estimate the cost of future treatment.
Property Damage – The total automotive damage caused. A car accident attorney at Wade Law will help you find a reputable body shop or dealer and ask them to provide a quote for how much repairs will cost. Repair estimates also help illustrate the severity of the accident.
Lost Earnings – If you missed work because of your injuries, you are entitled to recover your lost income. If you will be missing more work due to ongoing treatment, or an inability to continue working while you recover, a Indiana Car Accident Attorney will help you estimate future lost earnings.
Pain and Suffering – Calculating Pain and Suffering After a Car Accident is a difficult task. There are several types of pain and suffering damages claimed in car accidents. Here is a list of common areas in which Indiana car accident victims pursue pain and suffering damages.
- Physical Pain/Impairment
- Mental Suffering
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life
- Loss of Quality of Life
- Emotional Distress
Punitive Damages – While the purpose of the damages listed above is to make an accident victim whole, punitive damages serve to deter and punish wrongful activity and behavior. Punitive Damages are awarded when he accident victim can show that the at fault party acted especially egregiously.
What Steps Should I Take After a Car Accident in Indiana?
- Step 1: Get To Safety
- Step 2: Call 911 to Report the Accident – Stay on the scene until the police direct you to leave.
- Step 3: Collect the contact information of Everyone Involved and Witnesses to the Collision.
- Step 4: Take Pictures of the Vehicle Damage and Surrounding Area
- Step 5: Get Treatment for your Injuries
- Step 6: Call your Insurance Company to Report the Collision
- Step 7: Get a motor vehicle repair estimate
- Step 8: Do Not Give a Statement To Any Claims Adjusters.
- Step 9: Do Not Accept a Settlement Offer From an Insurance Company.
- Step 10: Contact An Indiana Car Accident Lawyer at (815) Wade-Law.
How Can A Lawyer Help After My Car Accident?
Victims of collisions caused by a driver affected by any of the factors above, or any other factor, have a legal right to compensation. An experienced motor vehicle collision injury lawyer can represent them in legal actions to secure that compensation.
The tasks a lawyer performs to recover the money victims need and deserve for their injuries and losses varies from case to case and victim to victim, but will often include:
- Investigating a collision to determine its cause. An investigation that uncovers one or more of the causes above usually points to an at-fault party who faces legal liability for paying damages to the victim.
- Evaluating the harm done to the victim because of the collision to ensure that, in any legal action seeking damages, the lawyer pursues the maximum payment available under the law;
- Treating collision victims with care and compassion, and communicating with them in easy-to-understand language;
- Negotiating with the representatives of the parties at fault for the collision to secure a fair and reasonable settlement of a collision victim’s legal claim; and
- Taking a case to court when necessary to achieve the most favorable outcome reasonably possible for a client’s claim.
Contact an Indiana Truck Accident Lawyer at Wade Law
Wade Law is pleased to offer free initial consultations to all prospective clients. To learn more about how our firm can help, call our office in Carmel, Indiana, at 815-WADE-LAW. You can also send us an email.