We hope that you never find yourself in a position to search for an Indiana car accident attorney. But, living in the crossroads of America means that accidents happen. Wade Law represents clients across the Hoosier state after they have been involved in a car accident.
When you have been injured in a car accident, Wade Law Firm is willing to fight for you. Call or text us to schedule a free and confidential consultation with an Indianapolis car accident attorney.
What Steps Should I Take After a Car Accident in Indianapolis?
To have the highest chances of success in getting compensation for your case, there are a few steps you must follow. Here are the steps you should take after your car accident in Indianapolis:
- Step 1: Get to safety.
- Step 2: Call 911 to report the accident. Stay on the scene until the police direct you to leave.
- Step 3: Collect the contact information of everyone involved and witnesses to the collision.
- Step 4: Take pictures of the vehicle damage and the surrounding area.
- Step 5: Get treatment for your injuries.
- Step 6: Call your insurance company to report the collision.
- Step 7: Get a motor vehicle repair estimate.
- Step 8: Do not give a statement to any claims adjusters.
- Step 9: Do not accept a settlement offer from an insurance company.
- Step 10: Contact our Indianapolis car accident lawyers at Wade Law.
When you come in for your consultation, bring in the estimates, photos, bills, and the accident report if you have it. Your lawyer will use this evidence to determine your chances and make a preliminary estimate of how much you could receive.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Indianapolis, call (815) WADE-LAW
Common Causes of Car Accidents that You Can Sue For
Winning a car accident case requires negligence. Someone else must have done something they shouldn’t to put you at risk for injury. These car accident causes are ones we see often in our practice, and all are negligent behaviors:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Failure to yield
- Reckless/aggressive driving
- Driver fatigue/drowsiness
Indianapolis Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 765-563-9233
How Much Is My Indianapolis Car Accident Case Worth?
The value of your Indiana car accident case is in direct correlation with the facts in your case. There are many factors that go into determining the value of your case. Here are some elements that are added to make the determination:
The total of your medical bills, even if you did not pay out of pocket. If you will require ongoing medical treatment for your injuries, a leading car accident attorney in Indianapolis will help you estimate the cost of future treatment.
The total automotive damage caused. A car accident attorney at Wade Law will help you find a reputable body shop or dealer and ask them to provide a quote for how much repairs will cost. Repair estimates also help illustrate the severity of the accident.
If you missed work because of your injuries, you are entitled to recover your lost income. If you will be missing more work due to ongoing treatment, or an inability to continue working while you recover, an Indiana car accident attorney will help you estimate future lost earnings.
Pain and Suffering
Calculating pain and suffering after a car accident is a difficult task. There are several types of pain and suffering damages claimed in car accidents. Here is a list of common areas in which Indiana car accident victims pursue pain and suffering damages:
- Physical pain/impairment
- Mental suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of quality of life
- Emotional distress
While the purpose of the damages listed above is to make an accident victim whole, punitive damages serve to deter and punish wrongful activity and behavior. Punitive damages are awarded when the accident victim can show that the at-fault party acted especially egregiously.
How Can an Indianapolis Car Accident Attorney Help Me After My Accident?
A car accident lawyer is your advocate for your legal right to compensation after an injury accident. Their job is to build a strong case so that the insurers, or the court, grants you the money you need to recover after you’ve been hurt.
What does that entail? Here are just a few things car accident lawyers do to help their clients after an accident:
- Discover who is responsible for the accident and why through an investigation. The lawyer has to discover who needs to be sued, which insurance companies are involved, etc.
- Calculate all the damages in your case, from your medical bills to more intangible things like pain and suffering. Armed with a complete picture of your case, they can ask for your case’s true value.
- Treat clients compassionately by keeping their cases moving forward, updating them when things change in the case, and ensuring their clients understand what is happening.
- Negotiate strongly with the at-fault party and their representatives to get a reasonable settlement under the circumstances and the law.
- If necessary, take cases to the next level by going to court and arguing on your behalf before a judge.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Should I Wait for All the Bills to Come in Before Calling an Indianapolis Car Accident Lawyer?
No. It is okay if you don’t have the full picture of your injuries before contacting a lawyer. There are two reasons why. The first is the statute of limitations in Indiana. You have two years after your accident to make a claim or sue before the courts deny you the right.
The second is that delays make memories fade and records hard to access. A delay in a claim makes insurers think you’re not as badly hurt as you claim. Even if you do need months in a hospital, a lawyer can work behind the scenes to start the case and keep things rolling without worrying about deadlines.
Contact a Car Accident Attorney in Indianapolis Today
Wade Law is pleased to offer free initial consultations to all prospective clients. To learn more about how our firm can help, call our office in Carmel, Indiana today. You can also send us an email.
We look forward to helping you get the compensation you deserve after your accident. Remember, follow the steps we gave you to increase the chances of your success, especially the ones about interacting with the insurance companies.