Although trucks serve a vital role in our country’s economy, by helping move goods around to destinations all around the United States, they are not immune from catastrophic crashes that often lead to devastating outcomes, debilitating injuries, and even death.
That is why if you or a loved one has been injured in a Brownsburg trucking accident, you need to reach out to a Brownsburg personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. These attorneys are here for you, ready to take on your legal battle and fight for the justice and compensation you deserve.
Damages You Can Pursue in a Brownsburg Truck Accident Lawsuit
If you have been harmed in a Brownsburg trucking accident due to another person’s wrongful actions, you may be entitled to certain types of compensation. In Indiana, this compensation generally includes the following damages:
These damages refer to the easily measurable losses that result after an accident, such as:
- Medical bills including past, current, and future medical expenses related to doctor visits, emergency medical services, hospital stay, and surgery
- Lost wages and earning capacity
- Replacement services
- Rehabilitative therapy
- Personal property repairs
- Other out-of-pocket costs
These damages refer to the subjective losses that result after an accident. These losses are usually not easy to quantify and tend to include the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of a limb
Additionally, in certain situations, punitive damages may also be awarded. However, unlike the other damages, which are awarded to compensate the victim for their losses, punitive damages are awarded to punish the defendant for their wrongful actions and deter others from committing this same act in the future. As a result, for a court to award these damages, a victim’s lawyer needs to prove that the defendant’s actions were especially bad through clear and convincing evidence.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Brownsburg, call (815) WADE-LAW
The Statute of Limitations to Bring an Injury Claim After a Brownsburg Trucking Accident
To bring a winning injury claim following a Brownsburg trucking accident, you must first ensure you have enough time to file your case. This time period is known as the statute of limitations, and it is a law that dictates the amount of time an individual has to file a lawsuit following their accident. If the person does not file their case within that allotted period, they can be barred from recovering compensation for the harm and losses they sustained from the accident.
Consequently, if you have been involved in a trucking accident in Brownsburg, you will only have two years from the date of the crash to file a claim. However, there are often exceptions to this rule that can affect this filing period by extending or shortening this time limit. For these reasons, it is best not to wait to get legal help following a truck accident.
When you reach out to a knowledgeable Brownsburg trucking accident attorney, these lawyers can promptly go over your case, figure out how much time you have to file your claim, and ensure that your legal documents are prepared correctly and filed before the statute of limitations expires.
Brownsburg Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 815-923-3529
Who Can You Hold Responsible for a Brownsburg Trucking Accident?
Trucking accident cases tend to be more complicated than other passenger vehicle collisions. This is often because, with a passenger car, there are usually only two parties involved, while in a trucking collision, there can be numerous individuals responsible for the crash, such as:
- The at-fault truck driver
- The trucking company
- The truck’s owner
- Cargo owners
- Cargo loaders
- Truck maintenance crews
- Truck manufacturers
- Trucking parts manufacturers
- Government agencies responsible for road maintenance and design
- Other at-fault parties, including other motorists, pedestrians, bicyclists, and motorcyclists
For these reasons, following a trucking accident, you must reach out to a trucking accident attorney in Brownsburg immediately. These lawyers can quickly investigate the incident and figure out what happened and who was responsible for the collision.
Work with a Brownsburg Trucking Accident Attorney and Go After the Justice You Deserve
Following a Brownsburg trucking accident, the last thing you want to worry about is preparing arguments and evidence to go after the financial recovery you are entitled to. However, if you do not prove what happened and who was at fault for your injuries, you will not be able to collect the damages you need.
Fortunately, with an experienced Brownsburg trucking accident lawyer on your side, you will not have to worry about taking on this legal battle yourself. Rather, you can focus on your healing and recovery while these lawyers handle this fight on your behalf. Once retained, these legal professionals can:
- Go over the trucking accident with you in detail, determine if you have a valid legal case, and help you figure out which legal options you need to pursue
- Answer all the questions you have and provide you with the legal advice you need during this challenging time
- Investigate your accident and secure the necessary evidence to prove fault and damages
- Hold all those liable for the accident accountable for the injuries and losses you sustained
- Obtain experts such as doctors and accident reconstructionists to substantiate your claim
- Take on all the negotiations and discussions with the other side, such as the insurer, and fight for a just settlement offer
- Prepare for trial if the other side does not want to offer you a fair settlement offer and go after maximum compensation
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Trucking Accident Lawyer in Brownsburg Today
If you or a loved one has been harmed in a Brownsburg trucking accident, it is time to fight back. That is why do not wait any longer to secure the legal help you need. Instead, contact Wade Law today for a free case review and let our skilled Brownsburg truck accident attorneys show you what we can do for you.