You deserve fair compensation if you or a family member has been involved in an accident in Brownsburg due to someone else’s fault. But this can be hard to achieve without reliable legal representation.
The experienced car accident attorneys at Wade Law have all it takes to stand up against the responsible parties and insurance giants. Reaching out to them will significantly boost your chances of a favorable case outcome. They’ll protect your rights and interests and fight to ensure you get sufficient compensation to reimburse the losses, lost income, and other non-economic damages.
The Timeline of a Typical Brownsburg Car Accident Case
Understanding the claims process can make the work easier for you, and you’ll easily avoid common mistakes.
Typically, your attorney may recommend delaying your suit until you’ve achieved maximum medical improvement (MMI). At this point, you’ll have a vivid picture of the extent of the injury and the associated costs, as well as the anticipated future healthcare costs. After reaching MMI, you’ll likely progress through the following steps:
- Demand letter – You can still settle the claim without filing a lawsuit. In this case, your attorney might send a letter demanding payment from the at-fault party, but if this fails, they’ll file the lawsuit.
- Filing the suit – Your attorney will notify the defendant and court of the filing and that you have legal representation. The defendant will respond to acknowledge the proceeding.
- Discovery – This stage entails gathering data and investigating the legal claim and defenses. You’ll likely give a disposition under oath, and your attorney will prepare you in advance and be there to object to irrelevant questions.
- Settlement negotiations – Insurers prefer the less costly settlement process to litigation, so after discovery, both attorneys may determine whether they agree on a specific amount. But if they have a low ball offer, your case may proceed to trial.
- Trial – This stage may take months or more than a year, depending on various facts. Your Brownsburg car accident attorney will guide you aptly through trial and do everything possible to expedite proceedings.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Brownsburg, call (815) WADE-LAW
Determining Fault in a Brownsburg Car Accident
According to Indiana state laws, the road user who contributes to or directly causes an injury is responsible for the victim’s damages, both economic and non-economic.
If you’re partially liable for the accident, you may only part with a fraction of your damages, provided your percentage of fault doesn’t exceed 50%. Most insurers use this policy to reduce the amount they’re willing to release or deny the claim entirely.
An experienced attorney can significantly boost your chances of getting fair compensation for your damages and out-of-pocket expenses.
Brownsburg Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 815-923-3529
Your Deadline to File a Legal Action in Brownsburg After a Car Accident
Several factors determine when to take legal action for a car accident in Brownsburg. But generally, Indiana’s Statute of Limitations sets the deadline for filing a claim. According to the law, you have only two years to file the case, and the period begins from the time of the accident.
Typically, if the two-year deadline expires, you’ll lose your right to file take legal action. But if you persistently do so, the at-fault party or insurance provider will mention this inconsistency. This defense alone is enough to convince the court to dismiss your case.
Possible Damages You Can Claim in a Brownsburg Car Accident Claim
The damage you should expect in a personal injury claim fall in these categories:
Economic or specific damages compensate you for your objectively verifiable monetary losses. They may also cover out-of-pocket costs caused by the injury. They’re easy to calculate by adding up receipts and documented expenditures. Examples include:
- Past or future healthcare costs
- Lost current and future income
- Expenses associated with property replacement or repair
- Lost business opportunities due to the injuries
- Funeral costs
Non-economic or general damages cover non-monetary, subjective damages that are difficult to attach a dollar value to. Consequently, it’s relatively harder to calculate them accurately. They include:
- The injury itself
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Disfigurement or disability
- Physical impairment
- Losses resulting from a damaged reputation
- Los of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship
The judge and jury can award these to punish the party responsible for the accident. They also deter recklessness and intentional actions. Unlike the other two, these don’t compensate for any expense or loss.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How a Brownsburg Car Accident Attorney Can Help You Build a Strong Case
You may understand your rights, and the facts of your case can seem straightforward. However, handling your car accident claim by yourself could significantly reduce your chances of getting fair compensation.
First, the at-fault party will most likely have an attorney working on their defense, limiting your chances of a favorable case outcome. There’s also the risk of unfair compensation from unscrupulous insurance adjusters who’ll always reduce the damages or blame you partly for the accident. A Brownsburg car accident attorney can help your case in the following ways:
- Getting you the best medical help and handling crucial medical records to aid compensation for the incurred treatment costs
- Gathering evidence and essential facts to prove fault
- Protecting your rights right from the beginning of the claims process
- Speaking with witnesses for insights to build a strong case
- Helping you through the legal process so that you don’t make mistakes
- Negotiating with insurers for favorable pre-trial settlements
- Representing you in court in case your claim gets to trial
- Presenting a strong case in the best way possible to ensure a favorable case outcome
- Negotiating with lien holders to prevent them from overcharging you and leaving you with an insufficient amount to cater to your needs
Get a Helping Hand from a Reliable Brownsburg Car Accident Lawyer
After an accident, you must be in the right state to recover, which you can’t achieve if you’re spending time chasing insurance companies. Getting a car accident lawyer from Brownsburg can significantly help your case, but you can earn more if you work with an experienced attorney who understands the local laws.
Personal injury attorneys at Wade Law are best placed to help you win your claim. Thanks to their help, numerous Brownsburg residents have filed strong cases and recovered adequate compensation from their auto accident claims. Speak with our representative to schedule a free case evaluation if someone else’s negligence led to injuries, and you’ll rest assured of a favorable outcome.