If you are reading this, you probably have a loved one who is currently in the care of a “trusted” nursing home in Avon, Indiana. You have handed the care of your loved one to a professional long-term care facility, only to find that they are a victim of nursing home abuse or neglect resulting in personal injury or wrongful death.
If you suspect your loved one is being abused, contact an Avon nursing home abuse lawyer immediately for advice. It’s not just a matter of dignity. It could be a matter of life and death for your loved one.
Wade Law Is Dedicated to Making Sure Your Voice Is Heard
Prior to practicing law, Wade Law founding attorney Joseph Wade lost his grandfather to injuries obtained while in the care of an Avon, Indiana nursing home. Our entire team feels compassion for the injuries your loved one has experienced while under the care and supervision of the nursing home.
The Avon nursing home abuse attorneys at Wade Law are dedicated to making sure your voice is heard. We know time is of the essence and the difficulties of getting evidence in these kinds of cases. Trust that we will treat nursing home abuse cases with the seriousness and speed they deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a nursing home abuse lawyer serving Avon, call (815) WADE-LAW
Avon Indiana Nursing Home Ratings
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, created a tool (Medicare.gov/care-compare) in collaboration with organizations representing propel with Medicare, hospice organizations, and other federal agencies.
You should use this tool to:
- Find information about providers and facilities based on the individual needs of your loved ones;
- Get helpful resources to choose healthcare providers;
- Make more informed decisions about where to place your loved ones.
The overall rating is based on a nursing home’s performance on 3 sources: health inspections, staffing, and quality of resident care.
Avon Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer Near Me 765-563-9233
Most Traumas Caused to Nursing Home Residents Are Due to Negligence By Nursing Home Staff, Including:
- Failure to keep the premises reasonably safe and fee of hazards
- Negligent hiring
- Negligent supervision
- Failure to maintain adequate health and safety policies
- Failure to provide adequate medical treatment
- Neglect of a resident
However, not all injuries are due to negligence. There are people out there who prey upon the vulnerable in physical, emotional, and sexual ways. The key to stopping them is to notice the signs early and contact a nursing home abuse lawyer in Avon for advice.
Situations Involving Abusive Care in Avon Nursing Homes
The term ‘abuse or neglect’ associated with nursing home care has become somewhat overused in recent history.
The reality is that when most people refer to nursing home abuse or neglect they are referring to a situation where their loved one was injured during an admission to a care facility.
Below are some common types of cases an Avon nursing home abuse lawyer will prosecute on behalf of families after a loved one has suffered an injury at an Avon nursing home.
- Bed Sores – also referred to as pressure sores, pressure ulcers and decubitus ulcers result from patients being left in one position for extended periods of time repulsing in pain, extended medical care, infection or even death.
- Falls – may result in broken bones, subdural hematoma, life threatening injuries or even death. Up to 20% of elder lay patients are injured in falls requiring medical treatment. Nursing homes have a duty to balance each patient’s right to be free with the patient’s fall risk and implement safeguards to prevent falls.
- Fractures – in an elderly person is not only painful but has a significant impact on their quality of life.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Situations Involving Nursing Home Neglect
- Dehydration is a leading cause of elder neglect, as many patients in nursing homes do not receive the fluids needed to maintain their physical well-being. It is the responsibility of staff to monitor fluid intake and output of residents to avoid dehydration.
- Medication Errors happen when patients receive the wrong dose or wrong medication, and this can be fatal.
- Malnutrition occurs when nursing homes’ staff members fail to address the basic needs of patients. In order to avoid malnutrition, facilities must conduct regular assessments of patients including weigh-ins.
Can an Avon Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer Help Me Prove Negligence?
The trickiest part of nursing home abuse cases is getting evidence. Access to residents is limited and abusers know the rules around HIPAA and other medical privacy laws to keep investigators and family from discovering the problem.
Some families take it upon themselves to install a hidden camera inside their loved one’s room, with or without the knowledge of management. While this can catch an abuser, it may also open the family and the facility up to liability. Most nursing homes have multiple people per room.
Instead, we recommend contacting us first for advice. We may be able to work with you and the home to get a camera set up legally and catch the abuser in the act. Or, if you have photos of abuse from previous visits, we could have enough to start proceedings immediately.
Help Rescue Your Elderly Loved One
Nursing home abuse must be taken very seriously. Wade Law Firm knows the consequences and wants to help you. Contact our Avon nursing home abuse lawyers for a free and confidential consultation.