If you have been the victim of a car crash in Avon, you should contact an experienced Avon Car Accident Lawyer as soon as possible. An experienced Indiana personal injury lawyer will conduct a full investigation of the car accident, determine who is at fault, make sure that you receive full benefits from the insurance company, and help you obtain medical care even if you do not have health insurance or cannot afford your co-pays.
Additionally, an Avon car accident attorney makes sure you do not miss any of the strict time deadlines that the law imposes in your case. When you have been injured in a car accident, Wade Law Firm is willing to fight for you. Call or text us to schedule a free and confidential consultation with an Avon car accident attorney.
What Steps Should I Take After a Car Accident in Avon?
To have the highest chances of success in getting compensation for your case, there are a few steps you must follow. Here are the steps you should take after your car accident in Avon:
- Step 1: Get to safety.
- Step 2: Call 911 to report the accident. Stay on the scene until the police direct you to leave.
- Step 3: Collect the contact information of everyone involved and witnesses to the collision.
- Step 4: Take pictures of the vehicle damage and the surrounding area.
- Step 5: Get treatment for your injuries.
- Step 6: Call your insurance company to report the collision.
- Step 7: Get a motor vehicle repair estimate.
- Step 8: Do not give a statement to any claims adjusters.
- Step 9: Do not accept a settlement offer from an insurance company.
- Step 10: Contact our Avon car accident lawyers at Wade Law.
When you come in for your consultation, bring in the estimates, photos, bills, and the accident report if you have it. Your lawyer will use this evidence to determine your chances and make a preliminary estimate of how much you could receive.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Avon, call (815) WADE-LAW
Common Causes of Car Accidents that You Can Sue for
Winning a car accident case requires negligence. Someone else must have done something they shouldn’t have that put you at risk for injury. These car accident causes are ones we see often in our practice, and all are negligent behaviors:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Failure to yield
- Reckless/aggressive driving
- Driver fatigue/drowsiness
Avon Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 765-563-9233
How Do I Get My Car Fixed After a Car Accident in Avon?
Most insurance companies have separate adjusters for Property Damage (PD) claims and Personal Injury (PI) claims. Damage to your vehicle will be filed as a PD claim. To begin the process of fixing your vehicle, speak with the PD adjuster of the opposing insurance company. The adjusters will most likely already have a copy of your accident report, but if not, you can fax or email a copy.
Following the adjuster’s analysis of the accident report, he or she should admit the company’s liability and make arrangements to have your car assessed. In the instance that the adjuster does not admit liability, you will need to file your own claim under your insurance policy’s collision coverage. An Avon car accident attorney can walk you through the process.
You do not have to take your car to an “insurance company approved” repair shop. You can have your car repaired by whichever repair center you trust the most. Once you arrive at the repair shop, provide them with your claim number, the name of your adjuster, and the adjuster’s phone number. The repair shop will take care of the rest.
How Can an Avon Car Accident Attorney Help Me After My Accident?
A car accident lawyer is your advocate for your legal right to compensation after an injury accident. Their job is to build a strong case so that the insurers, or the court, grant you the money you need to recover after you’ve been hurt.
What does that entail? Here are just a few things car accident lawyers do to help their clients after an accident:
- Discover who is responsible for the accident and why through an investigation. The lawyer has to discover who needs to be sued, which insurance companies are involved, etc.
- Calculate all the damages in your case, from your medical bills to more intangible things like pain and suffering. Armed with a complete picture of your case, they can ask for your case’s true value.
- Treat clients compassionately by keeping their cases moving forward, updating them when things change in the case, and ensuring their clients understand what is happening.
- Negotiate strongly with the at-fault party and their representatives to get a reasonable settlement under the circumstances and the law.
- If necessary, take cases to the next level by going to court and arguing on your behalf before a judge.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact a Car Accident Lawyer in Avon Today
Wade Law is pleased to offer free initial consultations to all prospective clients. To learn more about how our firm can help, call our office in Carmel, Indiana today. You can also send us an email.
We look forward to helping you get the compensation you deserve after your accident. Remember, follow the steps we gave you to increase the chances of your success, especially the ones about interacting with the insurance companies.